A directory service is the software system that stores, organizes, and provides access to information in a directory. The directories get the names associated with multiple, different pieces of information.
Generally, DPA, providing directory services, offer the physical network topology and protocols transparent so that the customer can access any resource on the network without knowing where or how it is physically connected.
By implementing directory services your company benefits in following:
- All the passwords and rights for workstations, servers, and application accounts are stored in one secure location;
- Simple involvement of the new users. You just need to create the account in the secure location and this will serve as ID for accessing to all IT resources stored in the directory.
Directory services include:
- User authentication;
- The basis for data and system security;
- Management of workstations, servers and users.
These services are essential for every company or organization that has more than 10 workstations.
To our customers DPA offers Directory services on:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Novell eDirectory